Inspiring Lesson Ideas, iTunes U Courses

iTunesU

While looking not only through the great applications to use in the classroom, iTunes U has a great section towards lesson ideas to integrate into the classroom! You have 30 sources of innovative ideas that teachers can bring into the classroom and collaborate lessons effectively to your students! For directions on how to get to the Inspiring Lesson Ideas page you simply open up iTunes U on your electronic device, scroll down to the Learning Resources title and click on For Educators. Once you click on that, the heading for Inspiring Lesson Ideas will be listed at the top and you can see all 30 of the ideas teachers have implemented onto this site by clicking See All.

d3_100_2x

While browsing on iTunes U I saw this Digital Tools for the Visual Arts which is some incredible graphic art design and techniques affiliated with art studios. It mentions that “Graphics software are the news tools of artists and designers these days.” With the way graphic design has made its way as a means on the internet, plus advertisement everywhere, and other sources importance and background in this field for your student is an important advantage to have. Looking through this book there is a plethora of beginner to advanced techniques dealing with graphic design.

d3_100_2x-2

While also looking on iTunes I found another course outline talking about Secondary Music (my content area) which is very beneficial. iPad as Expressive Sound Canvas is a great course available for anyone which makes this a great book to take a look/subscribe too especially for music education majors. This is about the focus of “strong links between the visual and aural senses begin to augment each other. With guidance from the instructor, the development and fine tuning of the listening skills and tastefully imaginative musical choices necessary to successfully perform a collective group improvisation can be learned.” Throughout my education in school I have seen countless times during my jazz band classes the students can be afraid to express themselves through the art of improvisation. The contents inside help the student along their musical journey through the improv process.

d3_100_2x-3

The final book of contents I looked through was on the Best Practices & Professional Development. This content covers the primary grade students in the classroom and discovering ones views of interest. With this part being the main focus we can reach for optimal learning environments in the classroom more efficiently with the student using the iPad and a variety of applications to help them along the way. In the educational world is important that we monitor the feedback from the students and view where their learning levels of comprehension and the parts of educational difficulty lay.

9021123

Brett T. Butler